- The Indian River State College, Criminal Justice Institute is certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to conduct authorized Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission courses, to include Cross-Over training opportunities for individuals currently certified in either law enforcement or corrections. These Cross-Over programs are generally offered once annually, or when there is demand by students or regional agencies.
- For certified Correctional Officers who wish to cross-over and become Law Enforcement Officer-certified, this particular program consists of 585 hours of training and takes approximately 8 months to complete. The cost for this program is approximately $1800 for Florida residents. This amount is not inclusive of Selection Center entrance and testing process fees.
- For certified Law Enforcement Officers who wish to cross-over to become Corrections Officer-certified, those officers are generally offered the option to attend the necessary classes within an upcoming Corrections Academy instead of attending a separate Law Enforcement-to-Corrections Cross-Over Academy. This training consists of only 198 hours and costs approximately $520 for Florida residents. This amount is not inclusive of Selection Center testing process fees.
- For more information about these programs, contact:
- For CO to LE: Joe Brown, Law Enforcement Academy Coordinator, at email@example.com
- For LE to CO: Darren Mingear, Corrections Academy and Specialized & Advanced Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org